Update: Third Coast Cuisine the Cookbook

So the book went on sale last week and now is available at amazon.com. Now I am going about the business of promoting it.  I am now making myself available for book signings and lining up TV appearances to push Third Coast.  I have also decided to give a percentage of the profits from the book to aid with clean up of the devastating Deepwater Horizon oil spill that threatens the way of life celebrated within the pages of this book.

My first personal appearance was as a judge for the Gumbo Cook-off at the 61st annual Blessing of the Fleet in Bayou La Batre, AL.  "The Bayou" as it is often referred is one of dozens of fishing villages threatened by the oil spill.  Deepwater Horizon is only the latest difficulty to assail the people in this area.  Ivan then Katrina did massive damage as did a string of fires set by a still uncaught arsonist.  The sunset on the cover of the book was taken in Coden, AL a neighboring town to Bayou La Batre whose future is also in danger thanks to the ineptitude of BP and a criminally slow response from the Federal Government.

These people deserve better than they have gotten from elements beyond their control and the fumblings of a corrupt bureaucracy.   That is why I have chosen to do my small part to help.  I encourage you to do the same.


0 Responses