Going Coastal: Creamy Creole Potato Salad

You've heard the phrase? "less is more?"  Well this potato salad is a prime example of that mantra.  It is ridiculously easy to make.

The first time I made this for my mother she looked at it and said, "There's no onions.  It's not potato salad without onions."

I said, "Try it first."

She said, "I just have never liked a potato salad that didn't include onions."

Again I suggested, "Try it."

She continued to protest, "I've never understood why people leave onions out of their potato salad.  It's . . ."

As rude as it was I interrupted her, "Stop talking and try it."  I presented a spoonful to her.

"Ooh, wow, that's good, son.  That's really good.  There's so much garlic!"

Lots of fresh crushed garlic is really the secret.  And it is so simple to make.  Well, see for yourself:

Creamy Creole Potato Salad
1 pound red skin potatoes, boiled
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Creole whole grain mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup bacon bits

Cut potatoes into 1/2” dice. In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and bacon bits. Gently fold in the warm potatoes and coat completely with dressing. Chill for an hour before serving.


0 Responses