Recipe: Floribbean Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Salsa


Fish Dish: Floribbean Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Salsa and Puerto Rican-style Rice

Wikipedia says “The essence of what makes a particular dish Floribbean is similar to many other aspects of Floridian culture: that it is heavily influenced by visitors and immigrants from all over the world, but especially from the Caribbean (with notable influence from The Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and Haiti), Australia, and the American Deep South.”

I seasoned my filet on both sides with salt, pepper and Jerk spices and seared it in a skillet over medium heat with a little canola oil. It cooked about 4 minutes on each side before a I removed it to a plate to rest. In the remaining oil I sauteed corn, green chilies, black beans and finely diced papaya for about a minute before adding some pre-cooked brown rice. I tossed the rice until heated through.

To top the filet I made a pineapple salsa by combining pineapple chuncks, a little papaya, onions, garlic, salt, jalapeno and cilantro and refrigerated it an hour to chill and let the flavors blend. A few organic tortilla chips add some cruncy texture to the dish.
0 Responses